The Architecture of Gap Inc's SCMS
SCMS PO is an application that helps Gap Inc. manage
purchase orders. The architecture of the application is well
liked by its development team and thus makes a good expositional
working with a back-end serving json. Interesting design
features include using knockout.js form of the Presentation
and server, encapsulating data access with repositories, using
MongoDB as an application database, and the testing
23 April 2013
- Tap the info icon
in the top banner to show this panel, tap it
again to hide it.
- Move forward and backward using the arrow buttons at the top banner.
- If you’re on a touch device then a tap on the left or right will
move backwards or forwards. Tapping elsewhere will bring up a simple
- If this deck has a table of contents, there will be a button on
the top banner. Tap it to bring up a list of links to some of the
slides in the deck. Tap it again to hide it.
- You can also use a keyboard:
- left-arrow, down-arrow, page-down, and space move forwards.
- right-arrow, up-arrow, page-up, and backspace move backwards
- If you’re on a slide with many builds, then the up and down arrow
keys will skip over the builds
- press “g” to bring up a dialog which allows you to jump to any
slide number. You can also do this by clicking on the page number
on the banner.
- press “home” to go to the first slide, “end” to the last
- press “c” to bring up the table of contents (if there is one). Tap
c to hide it again.
The deck should work well in the latest versions of most browsers. If
you are using Internet Explorer you will need at least version 10 to get a