Eliminating Sales Commissions
Sales commissions are almost universally used in the
software business, as in all business sectors. They are liked
because they align incentives between sales staff and the
companies that employ them. Nevertheless there are serious
problems with the sales commission model, problems that led
ThoughtWorks to get rid of all sales commissions in 2013.
18 February 2013
- Move forward and backward using the buttons at the top banner.
- If you’re on a touch device then a tap on the left or right will
move backwards or forwards. Tapping elsewhere will bring up a simple
- You can also use a keyboard:
- left-arrow, down-arrow, page-down, and space move forwards.
- right-arrow, up-arrow, page-up, and backspace move backwards
- If you’re on a slide with many builds, then the up and down arrow
keys will skip over the builds
- press “g” to bring up a dialog which allows you to jump to any
slide number. You can also do this by clicking on the page number
on the banner.
- press “home” to go to the first slide, “end” to the last
- The ‘ # ‘ in the banner puts a link to the currently visible slide
into the address bar
- Tap the question mark in the top banner to show this panel, tap it
again to hide it.
The deck should work well in the latest versions of most browsers. If
you are using Internet Explorer you will need version 10 to get a